Saturday, January 16, 2016

Welcome to my Blog.

I am a 31 year old mother of four, 3 boys and one very dramatic girl.  I love to sew, starting a project and finishing and seeing it all come together.  I have decided to start selling my pieces, mainly bags and purses, on Etsy.com  Store name is the same as Blog  Shannon the Bag Lady.  I enjoy making some clothes items as well, not that good at that yet.  Have made Halloween costumes for my sister-in-law as well as a few tops. 
I have no formal training in sewing, I took a home economics class once in the 8th grade. The rest was my mom, who isn't a big fan of sewing but had a machine I used until I broke it trying to sew denim with, OOPS.  After I got married I decided to start it up again, even bought a book by Simplicity to help me figure out what it was I was doing.  Sadly I was so clueless about it all, and still am a little.  I didn't even have a clue what interfacing was and now I use it on everything. 

 
 
I has been a very, very helpful book.  And I cant find in the book Google.  I love using Pinterest for getting ideas on what to sew. 
 
My work area or "my office" is my living room, I use to sew in my bedroom but it just didn't work with having little ones.  Now out in my living room I can work while they are out here playing. 


 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment